Well, I just discovered a new addiction.
One of my coworkers recently had two boxes of interesting snacks on her desk and informed me that they were from subscription delivery services.
I’ve seen this idea around for a while, but I’ve never bitten. Yet.
- I love to shop
- I love surprises
- I love presents
- I love to get packages
- I am a sucker for so many things, so why not these?
A quick perusal of My Subscription Addiction (yes! This is a real site) showed that there are subscription boxes for just about anything: vegan snacks, whole meals, artisinal chocolates, retro candy, socks, craft kits, entire outfits, cosmetics, etc, etc, etc.
These caught my eye:
- Graze. This is a healthy snack site. You choose the snacks you want delivered and how often. This is one of the boxes my coworker had, and I have to admit, the snacks look good. She gets one box per week. The portions are small (Ok, they are appropriately sized for a snack but I could eat all four at once). This is also an inexpensive site since each box is about $5.
- Nourish Snacks. This is another healthy snack site. For $12.50 per week, you get five healthy snacks, each less than 200 calories.
- POP Sugar Must Have. it’s hard to describe this box, but it’s full of random trendy items like candles, jewelry, books, home decor, fashion accessories and cosmetics. It’s $39.95 a month, with a discount if you pre-order several boxes at a time.
- Birchbox. This is one of the original companies in this area. For $10 a month, you get deluxe beauty samples.
- New Beauty Test Tube. This is another cosmetic/skin care sampler, but it focuses on anti-aging products. Which, sadly, I really need.
I think I’m going to sign up for Graze, POP Sugar and New Beauty, at least to give them a whirl.