Lately I’ve been hungry for dips, as in the chips-and-dip variety.
The main problem is that many dips fall into the less than healthy category.
For a casual lunch yesterday, I decided to make a healthier version of a cheesy ranch dip that I’ve had in the past.
Full disclosure: I shamelessly ate this with Fritos, but it would work great with jicama slices, baby carrots or other crudités.
First, some gorgeous pictures for veggie inspiration:
And now the recipe:
Fat Free Cheesy Ranch Dip
- 8 oz. fat free cream cheese
- 1 container (6 oz) plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 8 oz. shredded fat free cheddar cheese
- 1 packet powdered ranch dip mix
- 3-4 T. fresh chives
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Mix all ingredients together in food processor.
- Pulse enough to break up shredded cheddar and combine everything together.
- Sample a generous amount.
- Thin with a few tablespoons of skim milk if the dip seems too thick.