I loved advent calendars as a kid.
I didn’t get one every year, but when I did, I delighted in opening a tiny paper door every day to reveal a surprise.
The usual calendar that we got had a holiday-ish picture behind the door, like a candle, a tree, a manger. You get the idea.
One year, though, I hit the jackpot; my grandparents gave me an advent calendar that held a piece of chocolate behind each door. The final door – December 25th – held a big chocolate Santa. I loved that calendar.
I’d almost forgotten about this quaint tradition, but lately I’ve seen some cool advent calendars being advertised, like this L’Occitane one:
At $55, this boasts 24 beauty gifts for a value of $107.
Per L’Occitane, this gift includes:
– Aromachologie Relaxing Shower Gel 1.18 fl. oz.
– Aromachologie Repairing Shampoo 1.18. fl. oz.
– Shea Butter Body Lotion 1 oz.
– Shea Ultra Rich Face Cream 0.33 oz.
– Almond Delicious Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
– Peony Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
– Shea Butter Shower Gel 1 oz.
– Cherry Blossom Shimmering Lotion 1.18 oz.
– Verbena Shower Gel 1 oz.
– Rose et Reines Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
– Almond Shower Oil 1.18 fl. oz.
– The Vert & Bigarade Shower Gel 1 oz.
– Verbena Fresh Toilette
– Jasmin & Bergamote Shower Gel 1 oz.
– Cherry Blossom Shower Gel 1.18 fl. oz.
– Shea Butter Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
– Verbena Leaf Soap .88 oz.
– Cherry Blossom Mini EDT 0.25 fl. oz.
– Verbena Hand Cream 0.33 oz.
– Immortelle Essential Water 1 fl. oz.
– Shea Butter Cleansing Water 1 fl. oz.
– Almond Delicious Soap 1.76 oz.
– Almond Milk Concentrate 0.67 oz.
– Shea Butter Foot Cream 0.33 oz.
– Advent Calendar Box
Wow! I secretly want this for myself but it would make a terrific gift. You could easily break it up into stocking stuffers or small gifts for several people. It’s also a great way to try new L’Occitane products without a full-size commitment.
L’Occitane also frequently runs gifts with purchase specials and will throw in a free gift wrap set (always ask for this! It’s very nice) upon request, plus samples with every order.