Yesterday I did some boring but satisfying tasks, perfect for a cold Sunday.
- Writing down birthdays, vacations and important dates (like when Trixie needs to be picked up from camp 400 miles away) in the Lilly Pulitzer 2018 agenda I received for Christmas
- Meal prep for the week. I roasted red/yellow/orange peppers, as well as two heads of cauliflower. I baked tofu and garbanzo beans to make vegetarian bowls. I hard boiled eggs for the fridge. I made a quick Mexican street corn salad with frozen corn, jalapeños, lime juice and zest, red bell peppers, cilantro and a small amount of nonfat Greek yogurt. This was a lot of cooking for me.
- Sorted through a huge pile of papers on the kitchen counter, tossing half a garbage bag’s worth of unimportant stuff. Organized tax materials.
- Collected all of the holiday cards we received and looked at them again. Updated any new addresses for people who moved over the last year. Ugh. This caused huge guilt because we did not get around to sending cards this year.
- Filled out school forms for MGM.
- Communicated with our realtor about our home search.
- And the usual suspects: Target run, laundry, gym.
How I Stopped Shopping, Gave Away My Belongings, and Discovered Life Is Worth More Than Anything You Can Buy in a Store
I can get behind that sentiment right now. Looking forward to getting it on January 16th!